Discussion Forums - Christian Gospel

Topic: Any Christian rockers on here???

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
alldatndensum (Chris D.)

Subject: Any Christian rockers on here???
Date Posted: 7/11/2007 2:11 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Anyone here into Christian hard rock, modern rock, or metal?

JCCrooks (JC C.)

Subject: Christian Rock!
Date Posted: 7/21/2007 12:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Yes, I love any type of Christian Rock!!!!  I used to be a Christian rock radio station DJ!  I miss that!

JC

alldatndensum (Chris D.)

Date Posted: 7/22/2007 8:59 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Cool!  I was beginning to think that I was the only one of us here.

So, what are some of your favorite bands?

As far as classic rock bands go, I love Petra, Whitecross, Guardian, Bride, Stryper

With newer bands:  Disciple, Third Day, Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber

JCCrooks (JC C.)

Subject: Fave bands
Date Posted: 7/22/2007 9:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Definitely Disciple, Kutless, and Seventh Day Slumber (they get the most airplay around here).  I prefer Third Day's older stuff.  I also like Relient K, Toby Mac, KJ 52, Jon Reuben...just whatever I'm in the mood for.

We have a lot from Petra's first CD (it was pretty much an entirely different band) all the way through to just a couple of John Schiltt's albums w/ them.  We liked Greg X. Volz's voice better and have his two solo CD's.  We have over 600 Christian albums (the only type we have) - mostly rock and hard rock, some pop, some AC, some rap and hip-hop, pretty much every genre but country and southern gospel.  We have all of Whitecross and Whiteheart, Daniel Band, lots of S.CA stuff, Steve Taylor, gee, a LOT!

My abosolute fave of all time is Black Eyed Sceva/Model Engine.  Talk about deep lyrics!  I wish they'd make music again.

I also like Christian electronica and industrial - Dietiphobia, Wigtop, X-Propagation, etc.

More later!

JCCrooks (JC C.)

Subject: The best online Christian stations!
Date Posted: 7/23/2007 9:52 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I wanted to add that I LOVE this online radio station (and it's sister stations - whatever I'm in the mood for):

http://www.christianrock.net

Anyway, to add to my other messages, we have a lot of Christian music.  I don't want to part with much, though, so I use my PBS credits here to receive CD's.

We even have Christian vinyl!  I did finally give away all our cassettes.  As I find CD replacements for them, I do that.  So much is out of print, though.  I have a few very rare CD's.  I usually find them on RadRockers:

http://radrockers.com/

I've yet to find any really rare CD's in the genres I want here on SwapACD.

JC

alldatndensum (Chris D.)

Date Posted: 7/26/2007 11:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've yet to get ANY CDs here on SwapACD.

Do you post at the Christianrock.net message boards?  If so, what is your nickname?  I am also "alldatndensum" there.  Give me a shout out sometime.

I have all of Whitecross, and most of Whiteheart.  But, some of their early stuff was just sappy. 

As far as Third Day goes, I love everything they've ever done.

I also do some CCM stuff like Mercy Me (have a couple of CDs BEFORE they were signed), Aaron Shust, Casting Crowns, 33 Miles, and Todd Agnew.  For the CCM artists, though, the lyrics really have to draw me in before I can get into the music.

vicromano (Justin R.)

Date Posted: 8/21/2007 12:41 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

if you like Third Day...check out This Beautiful Republic.  Good Stuff

I just recently got into Whitecross, Bride and Guardian.  I also like Eternal Decision, and some Stryper.  More or less though, i'm into the hardcore/metalcore stuff...As I Lay Dying, Jesus Wept, War of Ages, Of The Son, pretty much any band on Facedown Records.

Daddy-O (Brad S.)

Date Posted: 12/26/2007 12:01 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I tried that Rad Rockers site and came up completely empty on searches for 77's, Larry Norman, or Mass.  Any other suggestions as to where I might acquire CD's from these artists?

Heather F.

Date Posted: 1/6/2008 1:27 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

i have a huge collection of 80s and 90 Christian TAPES not CDs.  Anyone know how to get tapes into another format?

Heather F.

Date Posted: 1/6/2008 1:28 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I even have some LPs larry Norman is one of them.

scrappingsteph (Stephanie M.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2008 2:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

i LOVE christian rock. check out my cd tower for a big list of them

my favorite bands are pillar, disciple, kutless, demon hunter, underoath, norma jean, mxpx, etc

Ladybug (Jeri D.)

Date Posted: 6/28/2008 3:07 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I also love Christian rock. My favorites at the moment are Relient K, Kutless, Seventh Day Slumber, Thousand Foot Krutch, Anberlin. I have so many other favorites though I can't list them all. I like CCM also. MercyMe is one of my favorite CCM groups. I did recently hear some music from Dizmas and This Beautiful Republic and liked them both.

If you just want to listen to music on your MP3 player, Spiralfrog is free to join and they give unlimited free downloads (that work with WMP). The only catch is that you have to renew your membership every 30 days and sync your player at least once every couple of months or the songs won't work anymore. They recently added some CCM and several Christian rock artists.

bassman76 (Randall J.)

Date Posted: 7/23/2008 11:44 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

ANY THIRD DAY FANS IN THE HOUSE?

Last Edited on: 7/23/08 11:49 AM ET - Total times edited: 2
ciupaga (Elizabeth C.)

Date Posted: 7/31/2008 9:46 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I used to be in Christian rock. I have a lot of P.O.D., Blindside, and then a 12 Stones CD. But now I don't listen to them anymore...too loud. Haha! Oh, how my tastes have changed in a way.

I still listen to Project 86 and mewithoutYou. Haha...love love LOVE mewithoutYou. :]

scrappingsteph (Stephanie M.)

Date Posted: 8/28/2008 10:16 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

for all of you who like cristian rock and have itunes. there is an awesome podcast put out my tooth & nail records. it give previews of new songs/cds, has interviews with bands, etc

alio (Alison O.)

Subject: METAL!!!! lml
Date Posted: 9/17/2008 6:40 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

my husband and i have over 1800 cds. the majority of them are probably christian 80's metal. we are actually friends with Dizmas and Secret and Whisper who just got signed to tooth and nail records. so check them out if you havn't heard them. and if any of you are into secular metal, you should check out my husbands band a House Cursed also. they have opened up for static-x, otep, beeding through, job for a cowboy, etc. their full length cd is available on i tunes, and cd baby. sorry about the pimping..... haha

i peronally really like demon hunter, the juliana theory, POD, further seems forever, pillar, the agony scene(before they went all anti-god), extol. etc... lots of great christian bands out there now days! :)

soupermom (Christy S.)

Subject: L
Date Posted: 9/17/2008 11:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑
soupermom (Christy S.)

Subject: Larry Norman has a website
Date Posted: 9/17/2008 11:31 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi all,

Sorry I don't have the addy but I did find a website for Larry Norman and I think you could order his CD's on the website

Paul S.

Subject: Christian alternative rock
Date Posted: 9/8/2009 7:08 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I've got a bunch of Christian alternative rock I want to part with.  Several more obscure bands than the regular offerings....anyone interested in a list of stuff I'm trying to get rid of?