Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: "Fragile" on CDSwap Label

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Evelyn L.

Subject: "Fragile" on CDSwap Label
Date Posted: 12/12/2018 8:12 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Just a heads up--USPS has started charging extra (like $10 extra) for packages marked "Special Handling-Fragile".  I'm not sure whether the basic "FRAGILE" on the CDSwap label would count, but it would not surprise me to find some clerks would think it would and either the sender or the recipient could end up getting dinged for it.

MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 1/9/2020 3:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I was concerned about that too.   I just joined and printed my 1st three wrappers and they have "FRAGILE" on them.  I plan to go to the P.O. with a magin marker just in case I have to cross that out.   My suspicion is that they will charge me extra for that.   I will update this if that turns out to be the case.

Last Edited on: 1/9/20 3:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
MrD (Constantine D.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2020 8:43 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

So I went to the Post Office today and mailed out 5 CD's from my tower.   I had attached the labels generated by the site which had "FRAGILE" stamped in the bottom right corner.  Thankfully, the clerk at the P.O. did not mention these nor was I given any problems about it.  That's a relief!