Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Inactive member wishlist requests

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Subject: Inactive member wishlist requests
Date Posted: 6/1/2018 5:54 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I posted a CD that someone had on their wishlist marked as auto-request. I paid the 55c DC fee and mailed it out in a bubble mailer (it was a digipak) so I got the free USPS tracking.

According to the tracking, it was delivered last Friday. Figuring people may be on vacation for the holiday, I waited until Wednesday to PM a heads-up to the recipient. I haven't heard anything back yet, and it's now been a week since it was delivered.

I suspect this is an inactive account, and I'm wondering what happens if that's the case. After 21 days does it get flagged as lost in the mail even though USPS tracking shows it as delivered 2 days after I mailed it?

I just mailed out 3 more CDs today that were wishlisted as auto-request, and have no idea if those people are inactive either. I'd hate to get flagged as an account that doesn't mail out the CDs requested of me, as I go out of my way to mail everything requested that day or the next.

stampsarefun (Jean F.)

Date Posted: 6/1/2018 6:40 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

HI Jeff,

What I have done before is send them a personal message with the tracking number and let them know that it arrived last friday. I then say something like I know it is a busy time of year and it is easy to forget to mark something. So I figure that is what happened to you since this cd arrived last friday. Please mark it as recieved. I then give it a couple of days if you do not get an answer from them or they do not mark it as received. I then  send a follow up message that says I am going to contact R&R and let them know that this cd has arrived and you have not marked it.  If I have to get that far they will usually mark it quite quickly. I hope this helps. Jean

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 6/1/2018 11:06 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Agreed. Even if somehow it never gets acknowledged, the system is no-fault; everyone gets their credit and/or money back-- just let it runs its course.

For what it's worth, printed-postage gives you a way to get instant-credits as soon as you mark "mailed", if that's a concern, for the future.

EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Date Posted: 6/2/2018 3:24 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Regarding instant credit, yes, I pay the 55c DC fee on every CD I mail out.

EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Date Posted: 6/8/2018 9:16 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Jean, I did as you suggested and the receiver did very quickly mark it received after the second PM, exactly as you describe. I tried to keep both PMs light and breezy and non-accusatory, more in the vein of an FYI heads-up.

Two other wishlist auto-requests I mailed just did go lost in the mail, though, and when I submitted feedback expressing my concern, they explained that the system takes this into account:

"As far as sending to inactive members, our system is set up to automatically mark a CD received if it's sent to an account where the member has not logged in for over 20 days."

My suspicions were apparently unfounded. If I do end up mailing out discs to inactive accounts due to wishlist auto-requests, and those members never log in, the discs will be marked as received, not lost in the mail.

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 6/16/2018 2:26 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

re "As far as sending to inactive members, our system is set up to automatically mark a CD received if it's sent to an account where the member has not logged in for over 20 days."

That's really helpful to know!  I don't think I have ever seen that spelled out like that before.  Thanks for sharing it.