Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Why Don't They Weed Out These People?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
bluebolt7 (James P.)

Subject: Why Don't They Weed Out These People?
Date Posted: 5/4/2018 3:03 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I ordered six music CDs from one person. She let all six requests time out with no response. I'd love to post her name so everyone else would know not to waste their time. I assume they removed those six from her list yet she still has over two hundred CDs listed on SwapaCD. Why don't they weed these people out and suspend their accounts? She tied up my credits and my cash  and was a total waste of my time. 

Last Edited on: 5/4/18 3:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Date Posted: 5/5/2018 10:22 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Agreed that it's super annoying, but even worse is when they extend the time before timing out. It's almost like being deliberately messed with. Looking through my transaction log, take a look at these two requests by me:

Garbage by Garbage
Initial Request Feb 22nd, sender Canceled (cannot mail) Feb 22nd
Auto-requested Feb 22nd, time-out Feb 28th
Auto-requested Feb 28th, time-out March 6th
Auto-requested March 6th, sender Canceled (cannot mail) March 6th
Auto-requested March 6th, time-out March 12th
Auto-requested March 12th, sender Canceled (cannot mail) March 13th
Auto-requested March 13th, time-out March 19th
Auto-requested March 19th, arrived March 24th

Last Splash by The Breeders
Initial Request March 19th, sender Extended, Label Printed March 22nd, time-out March 29th
Auto-requested March 29th, sender Extended, Label Printed April 7th, time-out April 8th
Auto-requested April 8th, sender Extended, Label Printed April 16th & 21st, arrived April 27th

And of course I've got another one playing time-out roulette right now. At least the current one (Macy Gray) isn't being extended before timing out so I only have to wait 6 days between auto-requests.

At this point I consider it a miracle if I get a CD within a month of requesting it. By contrast, I mail out every CD requested of me either that day or the next business day.

EllisDee (Jeff M.)

Date Posted: 5/30/2018 11:36 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

"And of course I've got another one playing time-out roulette right now. At least the current one (Macy Gray) isn't being extended before timing out so I only have to wait 6 days between auto-requests."

It finally arrived. Looking at my transaction log:

On How Life Is by Macy Gray
Initial Request April 26th, time-out May 2nd
Auto-requested May 2nd, time-out May 8th
Auto-requested May 8th, time-out May 15th
Auto-requested May 15th, time-out May 21st
Auto-requested May 21st, arrived May 29th

That's once again over a month to receive a CD, which is far too common. And while I thought the previous examples were worse, with people deliberately trolling me by extending the time before timing out, this example is actually worse: No response from anyone for a month, which just says, loud and clear: "This site is dead. This site is dead. This site is dead."

My proposed solution is that anyone who times out to anything, for any reason, should be moved to the back of the line of who gets to mail a duplicate CD first. I don't know what to do if they extended the time before timing out. Is permanently expelling them from the club too harsh?

Dirtypickle (David T.)

Date Posted: 9/5/2018 10:20 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Understand,  I am new here and posted 100 cd's after  2 days of joining and had 30 requested in 3 days.  WOW!!  Was PITA to get all ready to go, but I have another 8000 to list.  But now I only list a few per day.