Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Mystery boxes! Check out these (entirely made-up) Box Sets!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
icberry (IC B.)

Subject: Mystery boxes! Check out these (entirely made-up) Box Sets!
Date Posted: 9/30/2017 3:29 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, well, well.  It's been quite a long time since I offered up a few magical mystery boxes for your trading pleasure... and I must say, it's HIGH TIME!

What's that? You have no idea what I'm talking about??  

Well, step right up!  You're about to read descriptions for sets of CDs on a theme.  Each one is bargain priced, and full of oooooeeeee ....mystery!

Let's answer a few Mystery Box questions:

Q: Are these are regular ordinary high-priced box sets from the store? 
Q: Are they shrink-wrapped wish-list items?  
Q: Are they rare, collectable, understandably-expensive items?

A. No, no, and...well, why lie: probably not. But maybe!

Q: Will you know what's in them?
A: Only if you request one!

Maybe you'll get a set of discs by a single artist...maybe an array of CDs that cover a kind of music, an era, or a little-known label.

Maybe you'll get a whole world of so-called music on some bizarre theme or other that just struck me one day

.......WHO KNOWS...... 

So here goes.  Read carefully, decide if you'd like to TAKE A CHANCE on a MYSTERY BOX, and PM me.  Fun!

------------------------------------------

ICBERRY'S Hot Horns, Fat Tubas and Slithery Clarinets Balkan Tango Made-Up Box Set Special #1

Ai, mi Gitana! More than a few brilliant buskers caught a record contract by way of a hot session in the subway stations of Paris, Spain and Vale Marea Romania, and here's the evidence. Tango, Flamenco and tipsy Balkan horns make for a fantastic combination playlist. Little-known fact: Astor Piazzola's music can fill a concert hall in Japan!

Contains (4) discs with ALL ART. 3 credits

ICBERRY'S Million-Dollar Babies in a Five-&-Ten-Cent Store Shimmy-Dance Made-Up Box Set Special #2

The 1920s and 1930s were a rich time for popular music. With this special vintage-era pop-music box set, you get Original Victor Recordings by Fannie Brice, Beatrice Lillie, Cole Porter, Fred Astaire and more! What kind of more? How about Busby Berkeley? How about a VERY snappy collection of Vocal Rags? And -- well, I wasn't going to tell you but one of these discs involves..well: Twiggy. THE Twiggy. Now how can you resist THAT?

Contains (4) discs; art varies. 2 credits

ICBERRY'S Deeply Forested Enigma Made-Up Box Set Special #3 TRADED

If you know the names of Michael Cretu (Enigma) and Michel Sanchez (Deep Forest) -- both highly influential world-music-collage masters, you will be very interested in this box set collection that includes their side-projects and solo endeavours and music influenced by each of them. Of special note is Cretu's protegee, an a remarkable vocalist who is an African Griot.

Contains (4) discs; art varies. 2 credits

I'm available for questions via PM...take a chance.. and Enjoy!

Last Edited on: 9/30/17 7:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
stabthefreak (Derek J.)

Date Posted: 9/30/2017 4:17 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'll bite on the third one, will PM you my address and 2 credits

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 9/30/2017 6:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

#3 has been traded!  Thanks!

Last Edited on: 9/30/17 7:03 PM ET - Total times edited: 1