Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: CD Browser and Advanced Search don't work

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
TexCollect (Donald F.)

Subject: CD Browser and Advanced Search don't work
Date Posted: 8/9/2017 12:11 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I frequently do searchs like Genre=Folk and Original Release Date>= 2012 for Posted CDs. The browser always returns nothing. Today, I was looking at a users CD Tower and saw plenty of CDs that would match that search. Why don't they show up?

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2017 12:44 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

From what I've heard (read), the Genre search has never been worth much - probably because of incorrect labeling in the Amazon database.  Also, I've found (from personal experience) that Amazon's listings for Release Date often show much more recently than what is really the original date.  So that's suspect too.

TexCollect (Donald F.)

Date Posted: 8/10/2017 1:48 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Even if I eave the genre blank, it rarely finds anything newer than 2010. Also, if I search or >=2009, I only get CDs from 2009, nothing greater than. My guess in the SQL inquiry that populates this search just isn't right.

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2017 4:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Some titles do not have anything listed for the genre.

Titles without a genre listed will not show up in a genre search. 

You have to know the name of the artist or album in searching.  

Matsuriza  this one has no genre listed.

The music I want usually has the genre World Music, Pop. World Music is not precise enough if you want a certain type of music.  

Last Edited on: 8/11/17 4:51 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Geoff G.

Subject: Advanced Search Issues
Date Posted: 9/3/2017 4:39 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Even if you leave genre blank, you can't pull up any CDs with release dates later than 2011.  I am seeing plenty of CDs with listed release dates of 2011 and later that were posted today, but I don't see any of them in Advanced Seach with Release Date >= 2011..