Discussion Forums - CD Bazaar

Topic: Cannot find CD listed

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Vicky L.

Subject: Cannot find CD listed
Date Posted: 6/13/2017 2:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have 4 cds titles "Great Composers".  One is Ravel, one Schubert, one Vivaldi, and one Mendelssohn.  I cannot find them on your lists to put them in my cd offerings.  Please help.   Vicky Diane Land    land1007@sbcglobal.net.

I also have a nice series called " Singers and Songwriters".   They are 1070-1971,  1972-1973,  1974-1975,  1975-1976,  1976-1977.

I also have the Time-Life cds entitled " Troubadours" and another "Singers and Songwriters, CLASSICS".

My guess is that none of these will show up on you lists either.  Please HELP as I would like to participate.  VDL

TracyB (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 6/14/2017 3:22 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi Vickie - welcome!

Your CD's will be postable here if the track list matches (click on links below).  CD's don't need to have UPC's (unlike the DVD site).  Your best bet for finding CD's without a UPC is in Amazon - SWAP uses their database.  If you can find your CD in Amazon, you can search here by using the ASIN number (Amazons serial identification number) listed in product details.

Time Life Singers and Songwriters 1970-1971

Singers & Songwriters 1972-1973 

Singers & Songwriters 74-75

..........looking for 75-76

Time Life Singers and Songwriters 1976-1977

Singers & Songwriters Troubadours

Singers & Songwriters: Classics

These are great CD's (I have some myself) - original versions....not crappy remakes.

Last Edited on: 6/14/17 3:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 8/8/2017 1:22 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Tracy, great post..and goes to show that much more can be found in the SACD database than you'd think from trying to use UPCs alone.  Also, that was nice of you to locate the actual listings --! 

If I can just piggy-back on Vicky's post (and Tracy's response) --  the ASIN thing is a great but little-known (maybe) SACD seach trick.  Very often the Amazon ASIN number can be plugged into the keyword field of an Advanced Search and PRESTO: a listing appears for many formerly "unknown" items.   You'd be amazed what you can locate and list with it --!