Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: What happened to Wish List Mulitples?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Windyastro (Laura B.)

Subject: What happened to Wish List Mulitples?
Date Posted: 8/19/2016 1:36 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I was the person who started and was in charge of that topic for a while back in 2014-2015...but had to give it up.

I noticed there hasn't been that topic in the Bazaar since Sept 2015 ??

Was there just not any interest, or did nobody ever keep charge or it or what?

I had a few WL multiples I wanted to post.  :)

Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 8/22/2016 2:36 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

anybody????

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 8/22/2016 11:01 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Laura, I found it and bumped it. Nothing since March.  

Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 8/30/2016 7:15 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well that means that the person who volunteered to take my place  (when I had to quit after a year)  did not arrange to have somebody else take over the task.

or they just "forgot about it" and blew it off. 

I beleived the club should have WL Multiples like the other sites, but that is really up to ya'll.   Right now, nobody owns the task (putting up the topic on the 1st of every month).

I wonder why the topic never got posted since March?  I can only assume nobody is taking charge of it.  

2) mScotso and others asked in the topic:  "I wish people would keep this active."

Well, ONE PERSON is supposed to keep it active.   That is how it is done on the sister sites.  There was no WL Multiples here at all, then I introduced to The Team to have it here..... and they agree, and gave me permission.   I wrote the rules for it (using the already written WL multiples done by the mods on the other sites)  And then I was the owner of the task for a year.  

I had to give it up due to family illness.

So if somebody wants the task, you should probably ask The Team if you can be the "mod" of it.  All that is required is to copy and post the topic (I already wrote the whole thing out) around the first of every month.

If members want to just retitle it every month, I can't say if that is okay or not, since I am not The Team and they really are in charge of "decisions".

Anyway, I am not an active trader here as much as DVD and Books, so perhpas somebody here has enough interest to own it.

I was amazed to see that it had not been posted since last year sometime, and there were no posts in the main discussion area asking for a volunteer to do it if that person no longer wanted to do it.  Maybe something happened to him 

It's a pretty popular feature on the other sites, which is what prompted me to start it here 2 years ago. ??

Last Edited on: 8/30/16 7:33 PM ET - Total times edited: 3
Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 9/5/2016 7:18 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

2 people offered to volunteer to put up the topic every month.

I just went ahead and put them in touch with each other.  :)

icberry (IC B.)

Date Posted: 9/7/2016 10:33 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hi everyone -- I think I'm the One.  I am reading through the threads to figure it out, and make sure the message gets posted each month.  I hope we can make it simple, clear and fun.  I'm up for suggestions and -- well, any encouragement.  PM me, WL-multiple fans!  I'm about to contact the team to see if there's any issue with me doing it.

thanks all --!