Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Sent a CD with Printable Postage, disappeared

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Subject: Sent a CD with Printable Postage, disappeared
Date Posted: 9/8/2015 8:46 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I sent a CD with the Swap-A-CD Printable Postage, I did not receive Instant Credit, it was never marked received, and now there is no record of the transaction whatsoever in the Transaction Archive. What the heck?  The only proof I have that this ever happened are the wrapper PDF and e-mails.

The other CD I sent to another member the same day I received Instant Credit for and it was marked received.

Last Edited on: 9/8/15 8:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Date Posted: 9/9/2015 12:58 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I ordered a special-edition import CD with my free credit and got the regular common version, I decided to let it go since it was "free".  Then this.  I don't think this is working out :/ 

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/9/2015 11:53 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I'm wondering if you forgot to click mailed.  That would cause the request to disappear from the active tab in your account.  Are you sure you clicked "mailed"? If you did not click mailed the request would have been cancelled and the receiver would get an email saying "Cannot mail, no answer from sender after allotted time". 

I think it is on your Transaction Archive.  Click on transaction archive under "My Account" tab it should have a red X On left side of the title.  

Last Edited on: 9/9/15 11:53 AM ET - Total times edited: 1
MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/9/2015 11:56 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

All I can say about ordering certain versions is it's difficult to know what version to post to the correct listing.  I think the average person, myself included does not know about different versions. 

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/9/2015 12:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I think out of the first 5 CD's I ordered I got 3.  Later I got the other 2 from the next members who had the cd in the 

FIFO line.  

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/9/2015 12:10 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

If you can find it in your transaction archive and find the pm button you should message the receiver. Let them know you did mail the CD.  When they receive it they will have to mark it from their transaction archive.  Well this if there's no active request on the account tabs.  I'm sure this is all confusing and it's hard for me to help because sometimes I only get bits and pieces of the situation.  I need all the pertinent details to be sure.  

bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Date Posted: 9/12/2015 3:42 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Thanks.  I guess it was there but I just couldn't find it. First, I didn't understand that transactions aren't in the archive until they're completed, so it's an "archive" and not a "history". I finally figured out there may be no note up in the corner of the main page like I'm used to depending on over on Swap-A-DVD.  So I have to click on My Account > Main and that main tab is called My Account!  I finally found it.  I must have clicked every other tab ten times. :)

It did end up timing out and getting marked Lost In The Mail.  I guess there's no Instant Credit benefit of using Printable Postage for single disc-onlys that are packaged non-machinable without a confirmation number. I'll just pay extra postage next time for a confirmation number? Oh well.  Maybe it with show up eventually.  It's been educational. ;)

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/12/2015 8:02 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Hmm..... You should have received instant credit and there should be a tracking number. Check your credit registry, maybe you got it and spent it? 

The Basic Info:

The Printed Postage fee is 43 cents for each wrapper you print with postage
30 cents goes to SwapaCD and 16 cents to Endicia.com, our online postage provider. 
Because online postage MUST be used with Delivery Confirmation (this is a USPS regulation), the postage will also increase 19 cents per shipment. 
All charges will be shown to you before you are charged, and when you print, the total amount will be deducted from your SwapaCD Money automatically. You will see the deductions in your credit Registry.
Printed Postage, once printed, is non-refundable. 
The funds go to USPS and we don't have them after you print. 
So be sure you have and can mail the CDs if you print with postage.
You still need to mark the CD mailed before the deadline!  
This does not change if you use Printed Postage.
When you mark the CD mailed, you will get Instant Credit
This means that you will get the credit(s) for that CD right away. 
You don't have to wait for the CD to be received to get your credit!
To ensure accurate postage printing out on your wrapper, make sure you select the correct packaging choices and check the estimated weight shown before you print!

WAIT THERE'S MORE

Other Things You Might Want to Know

What if I print and don't use the wrapper?  Printed Postage is NOT refundable.  If you won't be using it to mail the CD, you have yourself a sort-of expensive paper airplane.
Can I reprint the wrapper without being charged?  Yes, as many times as you need to.
Can I reprint the wrapper and use it to mail socks to my Aunt Betty?  No. Printed Postage is valid only for one mailing, to the address printed on the wrapper.
Can I change the address printed on the wrapper?   No. A wrapper printed with postage cannot be altered--USPS will not accept it.
Can I make the font bigger/smaller/Gothic/dingbats on the wrapper?  No. The font size and style was chosen by USPS. It can't be changed.
Can i use Printed Postage without Delivery Confirmation?  No, sorry.  You can't use Printed Postage without Delivery Confirmation; USPS requires this.  So whenever you use Printed Postage you also get Delivery Confirmation--which allows you to track your shipments from your account page, so that's pretty cool!
Can I tape over the barcode on the wrapper?  Yes.  Clear tape only, of course.
Can I tape over the postage area on the wrapper?  Yes.  Clear tape only.
Does using Printed Postage mean I don't have to mark my CD mailed by the deadine?  No.  The swapping deadline to mark mailed is not changed by using Printed Postage.  You still have to mark mailed in order to get credit.
When will I get my credit when I use Printed Postage? You will get your credit instantly, as soon as you click the CD Has Been Mailed button.
How will I know I got the credit? You will get an email telling you that you have gotten credit.  You can also see the credit in your Credit Registry, linked from the top of your My Account page.  
How will I know when the CD is received?  You will also get an email telling you when the CD has been marked received; you will not get more credit when that happens.
If I use Online postage from another source, can I get Instant Credit?  Nope.  Only if you print it out at SwapaCD.
If I use Online postage from another source, can I get Guaranteed Credit? Nope again. The only way to guarantee your credits is by using Printable Postage purchased through SwapaCD. If you apply your own postage, purchase online postage elsewhere, or use Delivery Confirmation purchased elsewhere, we CANNOT guarantee your credits.
I am getting the message "electronic postage cannot be used for this address".  What does this mean? It means endicia.com is having temporary difficulty or is down for routine site maintenance.  Try again in a few minutes; they usually resolve their issues quickly.
How have I lived until now without Printed Postage?  We really don't know.  But there was a time before CDs and TiVo, in the stone age...shudder.  Best not to think about such things.

Last Edited on: 9/12/15 8:08 PM ET - Total times edited: 4
bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Date Posted: 9/15/2015 6:35 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I read all that, and that's why I was confused.  The wrapper printed without a delivery confirmation number, because it was light enough to go non-machinable letter rate?  I'm looking at the PDF of the postage label now.  The text you pasted above says: "Can i use Printed Postage without Delivery Confirmation?  No, sorry.  You can't use Printed Postage without Delivery Confirmation; USPS requires this.  So whenever you use Printed Postage you also get Delivery Confirmation--which allows you to track your shipments from your account page, so that's pretty cool!" I did NOT get Delivery Confirmation. So I have no idea what happened.  I used the printed postage specifically because I wanted the Instant Credit.

The member is not answering my PM. 

bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Date Posted: 9/15/2015 6:45 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I checked the credit registry, I did not receive a credit.  The other CD I sent the same day says I rec'd "DC Quick Credit" and the six CDs I've sent since say I rec'd 'Instant Credit". No credit entry for the "lost in mail" CD in question. 

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/15/2015 7:28 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

This is very confusing.

Has it been declared lost by the system.  

I would use ”Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and ask for an explanation. 

bloodymary (MELISSA R.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2015 11:56 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Well, it happened again.  I selected the Delivery Confirmation option, was charged the extra 55 cents, and then when the wrapper PDF was generated there is no delivery confirmation barcode or number, just the postage RFID "stamp".  When I click "mailed" the message from Swap-A-CD says "Thank you for telling us that you have mailed the CD. Once the Club Member receives the CD, your account will be credited with a CD credit. 

I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong, I'm not happy not receiving instant credit but I can't seem to purchase it.

EDITED TO ADD:  Looks like I DID in fact receive an Instant Credit just now by the time I finished typing this, even though the message said it wouldn't be credited until the member marked it received, and that there is no tracking number. Last time this happened, I did *not* receive an Instant Credit.  Could this be more confusing? :)

Last Edited on: 9/22/15 12:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2015 10:09 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

From what you've said, it really sounds like something is broken.  Aside from the instant credit, if there is no barcode or DC number on the mailing label, then it seems that it would be impossible for there to be any delivery confirmation.  So you are not getting what you paid for.  So I think the site owes you a 55c refund.

What have they said when you contacted the site about the problem?

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2015 2:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

It did end up timing out and getting marked Lost In The Mail.  I guess there's no Instant Credit benefit of using Printable Postage for single disc-onlys that are packaged non-machinable without a confirmation number.

Bloodymary,  I think you're right! 

Last Edited on: 9/23/15 2:52 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 9/23/2015 2:55 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I use 2 Forever stamps and mail at the First Class Letter rate.  You have to mail it as a package and pay as a package to get tracking 

Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 10/11/2015 11:08 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Melissa R.   I don't think you're the only one that happened to.    I printed out and paid for SAD postage and 1 of them printed out without any kind of tracking number on it, even though i paid the extra 0.55 and bought the postage here.   I just mailed it anyway, since i really didn't have any more SAD money in my account and did not want to add more.

So, it does do this once in a while.  This is the 2nd time it happened to me, actually.

Valerie L.  I have tried to use stamps and First Class Letter rate.  I have never found a PO that allows this.  They keep telling me it's non machinable, RIGID, so I have to add $$.  Then they tell me it won't go thru their little "slot" template, and charge me for FC Package rate.

I pretty much just use package rate now, not worth all the hassles at the PO for me. 

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 10/13/2015 3:47 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Laura, I used 2 Forever Stamps and I think I wrote NON-MACHINABLE in red sharpie under the stamps and put in my mailbox. I try to avoid mailing at the Post Office.  Less hassle! smiley

Mailing CD's without case

2 oz = 71¢ + 22¢ non-machinable = 93¢ or use 2 forever stamps (worth 98¢) 

can mail up to 3.5 oz with first class letter