Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: people marking CD's as sent but not sending them

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
ILoveCats (Patricia E.)

Subject: people marking CD's as sent but not sending them
Date Posted: 1/3/2015 12:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I have already had a case where someone contacted me after I ordered a CD, asking if I would look and order more, and I did order 4 CD's. They were marked as sent at the last minute, but I never got them, and the sender never responded to my 2 PM's.  Swapacd automatically canceled the order and credited this person as if they had sent them. But I doubt it, given the late sending date, lack of response to PM's etc. So then 2 other club members have marked CD's as sent, and I still don't have them. Now I know maybe they are a bit late due to the holidays, and maybe I will still get them and they will answer my PM's that I just sent. But is this getting to be a big problem lately? It is very unlikely anyone is stealing my mail since I live in a remote rural location and always get the mail within a few minutes of it being dropped off in my box and nothing else has ever gone missing. Thanks for any comments.  

PS ok, I did get a prompt answer to a PM  for one of the CDs I ordered, so that's reassuring.

Last Edited on: 1/3/15 7:23 PM ET - Total times edited: 1
Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 1/3/2015 7:27 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Patricia - don't assume that not receiving a CD means the sender didn't send it.   Around the holidays - there are substitute mail personnel and things sometimes go awry.    If SACD cancelled an order for you - you would have received both your credits and the fees back - so you wouldn't be missing out on anything.   I am pretty confident that almost all traders here are honest - and it's a good policy to give the other person the benefit of the doubt.   (They may have gone away for the holidays and weren't able to return your PMs or they may have had a health emergency in the family which takes precedence over any and all trading.)

This isn't anything that's going to comfort you or anyone - but I know the Post Office is considering cutting back on services which will end up making waits even longer.

If you were a new trader, I'd advise you to double check your address in the system (since this happened to you with more than one trader) - but as you have been a member since 2012 - I'm sure your address would be correct.

Anyway - we feel your pain and I hope the CDs you haven't received yet arrive at your house early next week.....

80smusic (John S.)

Date Posted: 1/7/2015 5:52 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Happens all the time. People love to make excuses here for others. While a few are legitimate delays most are not. They figure its just a trading site and no biggie whether they send now or a week from now.

Only those people like me get them out immediately and that's a small percentage

Just remember its just a trading site and there are no repercussions to when you actually mail it just as long as you get it to them in the time period per the site rules.

You will get use to it after awhile.

Just ask around,  many here have every excuse in the world why they cant mail in a reasonable time or even accept the request without waiting the full extend allowed

If you read back through many of the posts here they have posted those all over the place.

MusikLover (VALERIE L.)

Date Posted: 1/8/2015 5:58 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

So then 2 other club members have marked CD's as sent, and I still don't have them.

What is the date mailed?  

I ordered some clothes to be sent by FEDEX.  It shipped just before New Years.  I guess the holiday slowed things down.  I thought FEDEX was fast?  Not fast enough for $13.00 shipping. 

Last Edited on: 1/8/15 6:04 PM ET - Total times edited: 2
Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2015 1:14 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

>>>>and the sender never responded to my 2 PM's. <<<<

Did everyone notice this part of the OP's posts?

AFAIC.....Not okay.  

PMs are also delivered via email, so they don't have to actually log in here to get them.  (Obviously, the sender was available to "communicate" with you when you were ORDERING.  LOL  And they were willing and available to communicate when they encouraged you to order MORE from them than just the CD you had originally chosen).

No excuse for total lack of communication.   Unanswered PMs, I would report to team, because that, in COMBINATION with not receiving items. makes all my alarm bells go off.  :)

"It's just a swap site".    Yes......but the receiver is 1) paying $0.49 for each disk ordered  2) paying with "credits" as well for each disk ordered.

This is no different than making a purchase in many ways.......and you do have protections (mail fraud, etc.)  esp. if you don't get answers to inquiries, and you don't get the *merchandise* that you actually paid for

Not saying to take that approach, but everyone here needs to understand that despite this is a swap site, it is also a purchase.  And needs to be taken as seriously as any purchase transaction. 

Last Edited on: 1/23/15 1:26 PM ET - Total times edited: 5