Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaCD

Topic: Insert conditions

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Sharon S.

Subject: Insert conditions
Date Posted: 4/21/2014 1:49 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I just received a CD with front and back inserts.  The problem is the back insert is liquid damaged and stained.  Is this ok to send in that condition or is it a RWAP?

djtal (Daniel T.)

Date Posted: 4/22/2014 10:02 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Send a message to the site explaining the situation and they will guide you.  Help Center drop-down menu, then Contact Us.

IMO, it's a problem.  Some folks don't care about such things, and some do.  The responsible and courteous thing to do is for the potential sender to send a message to the receiver asking if it's okay or not.

bluebolt7 (James P.)

Date Posted: 5/8/2014 5:30 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

In the last month I have received one CD with a water stained back insert and two CDs with back inserts that were folded in half and completely creased. These were from three different senders. I've started writing the sender's user names in a spiral notebook when they send me something like this and before I complete any future requests I will check the sender's name against my list.  If they are on my list, I'll just remove the item and not order it from this seller. I don't expect perfect artwork but I think water stained and folded artwork should not be acceptable.

Keerayduh (Steve L.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2014 8:43 AM ET
Back to the Top ↑

Don't feel bad - I received one where the digipak case was cut up into pieces in order to fit into a jewel case (I presume) and all the pieces weren't there.    However you are correct - if an insert is badly water damaged or has excessive labels/writing on it (not minor stuff like the owner's name), it would be courteous of the sender to have listed the item as no front and/or rear artwork (whichever apples) and send the damaged art with the CD in case the recipient can use it.   I believe that artwork that is folded in half is okay with the site regs - but it can be a nuisance as it sometimes doesn't sit right when you transfer it into a jewel case.

The golden rule here (that most people follow - but alas not all) is send something in the condition you would like to receive something.

Dennis S.

Date Posted: 5/9/2014 10:50 PM ET
Back to the Top ↑

I don't like folded art work, but I reluctantly accept it since I also think that it seems to be within the site's rules. However, I do draw the line at water damage and artwork that has portions missing or torn. I report those as received with a problem.