Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Under The Influence - The Original Versions Of The Songs The Beatles Covered
Genres: Special Interest, Pop, R&B, Rock
Originals the Beatles covered
Long Distance Voyager | Hong Kong, China | 12/26/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Like the previous reviewer's comment, this is a Great album, all 24 tracks are songs which The Beatles covered and released officially in their albums/EP released in Britian:
From the LP "Please, Please me"
1. Anna (go to him) - Arthur Alexander
2. Chains - The Cookies
3. Boys - The Shirelles
4. Baby it's you - The Shirelles
5. A taste of honey - Lenny Welch
6. Twist and shout - Isley Brothers
From the LP "With the Beatles"
7. Till there was you - Peggy Lee
8. Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes
9. Roll over Beethoven - Chuck Berry
10. You've really got a hold on me - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
11. Devil in his heart - The Donays
12. Money - Barrett Strong
From the EP "Long Tall Sally"
13. Long tall Sally - Little Richard
14. Slow down - Larry Williams
15, Matchbox - Carl Perkins
From the LP "Beatles for sale"
16. Rock and roll music - Chuck Berry
17. Mr. Moonlight - Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
18. Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey - Little Richard
19. Words of love - Buddy Holly
20. Honey don't - Carl Perkins
21. Everybody's trying to be my baby - Carl Perkins
From the LP "Help"
22. Act naturally - Buck Owens
23. Dizzy Miss Lizzy - Larry Williams
From the LP "A collection of Beatles Oldies" (the 1st greatest hits collection from "Parlophone" issued in Dec 1966 including UK singles which are not available in the previously released UK LPs)
24. Bad boy - Larry Williams
Most of these selections were The Beatles' repertoire back to the Liverpool Cavern days and covered a wide range of music, from rhythm and blues, rock'n roll, Country, Broadway tune to Motown sound. In fact, the Beatles' versions of the songs are those which I came across first, and their rendition of these songs created a different image to them, and even more, some of them became Beatles' own classics, like "Twist and shout", the best non-original Beatles' songs. With 24 songs in it, this CD is a precious record in pop history of songs that the world's greatest band had covered."