Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Mozart TV - Favorite TV Tunes in the Style of Great Classical Composers
Genres: Special Interest, Soundtracks, Classical
In recent years British composer and conductor Donald Fraser has given us "Heigh-Ho! Mozart!" and "Bibbidi Bobbidi Bach" compilations of Disney tunes deftly rendered in the style of classical composers. Now he's back wit... more »
Listen to Samples
In recent years British composer and conductor Donald Fraser has given us "Heigh-Ho! Mozart!" and "Bibbidi Bobbidi Bach" compilations of Disney tunes deftly rendered in the style of classical composers. Now he's back with more. This time we get famous TV show themes that Mozart, Satie, and Hovannes would have written them--or so Fraser claims. A sturdy tune will withstand a lot, one is reminded, hearing the "Brady Bunch" theme "by" Mozart. "Mr. Ed" in the style of Joachim Rodrigo is disturbing in its authenticity. These expert performances by the Hollywood Chamber Symphony make these knock-offs more convincing. Fraser has thrown his heart and soul into this, declaring in the notes that "'Jeopardy' is a very simple tune, crying out for variations." --Gwendolyn Freed
Similarly Requested CDs
Just think what Mozart could do with "The Jeffersons"!
Reginald D. Garrard | Camilla, GA USA | 01/21/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"While many might dismiss this as an oddity, I find the arrangements of these familiar TV themes to be most musically satisfying, paying tribute to their composers and the great masters whose styles they simulate. Donald Fraser has marvelously adapted them to the distinctive techniques of a mixed bag from Joplin to Handel to Strauss.A track-by-track listing (with my commentary for some) is as follows:1. "Friends (I'll Be There For You)" - in the style of Vivaldi (3:42)
2. "Hill Street Blues" - in the style of Mozart (5:25)
3. "M*A*S*H (Suicide is Painless) - in the style of Mozart (4:25)
4. "The Brady Bunch" - in the style of Mozart (4:55)
5. "Bewitched" - in the style of Debussy (3:19) Wonderful harp solo!
6. "X-Files Theme (Main Title)" - in the style of Hovhaness (4:27) Brilliant!
7. "Taxi (Angela's Theme)" - in the style of Villa-Lobos (3:19)
8. "Green Acres" - in the style of Joplin (4:06) Who thought the barnyard comedy could be so classy?
9. "The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Love is All Around)" - in the style of Satie (3:23)
10. "Mr. Ed" - in the style of Rodrigo (2:46)
11. "Jeopardy (Think Music)" - in the style of Handel (3:13)
12. "The Jetsons" - in the style of Britten (3:29) Dynamically fun!
13. "Cheers (Where Everybody Knows Your Name)" - in the style of J. Ireland
14. "I Love Lucy" - in the style of Purcell (4:33) Classically charged!
15. "Star Trek: Voyager" - in the style of R. Strauss (3:44) Goldsmith's theme is perfect for Strauss!The disc is relaxing, smile-inducing, and a downright illuminating journey through television memories as well as an introduction to the works of those past giants whose compositions remain timeless."
You will enjoy this CD like no other. Its fantastic
Floyd E. Riggle, Jr. | Chino Hills, Ca USA | 09/17/1999
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This CD has about 15 selections of famous tv themes styled like the masters of old did them. They are performed by an outstanding Orchestra. The CD is worth the "Brady Bunch" theme alone. I have played this cd for family and friend and love watching them try to remember this "Classical Music" not realizing that it is really a tv theme."