Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Angus: Music From The Motion Picture
Genres: Alternative Rock, Special Interest, Pop, Soundtracks
Listen to Samples
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Aaron D. (midnightguinea) from PHILADELPHIA, PA
Reviewed on 10/21/2006...
Jewel case has a lot of crackage.
0 of 2 member(s) found this review helpful.
Not just a soundtrack, a true '90s gem.
Eggplant | state of denial | 12/06/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"If you read my "Favorite Movies" list or read my review, you'd know that "Angus" is one of my all-time favorite movies. To me, it captures the spirit of the mid-90s more than anything else. And here is the soundtrack to accompany it. Every song on here is at least good, and any time I pop it in and listen to the punk/alternative songs on here, I automatically become wistful for the days of pogs and Sega.But I digress. Now onto the album:1. Green Day - JAR: The song everybody's familiar with. Not the best GD song ever, but still great.
2. Ash - Jack Names The Planets: Mid-tempo alt rocker with a funny intro. Very nice.
3. Dance Hall Crashers - Enough: Faster, with a female lead vocalist. Still very catchy. "Shut up and we'll be fine..."
4. Ash - Kung Fu: More Ash, but this one's faster than JNTP. (And, IMHO, better.)
5. The Riverdales - Back To You: VERY Ramonesish, but not in a ripoff way. Joey would be proud.
6. Smoking Popes - Mrs. You And Me: Decent, but the lead vocalist just sounds too nasal. But it's still an okay track.
7. Weezer - You Gave Your Love To Me Softly: Short, but sweet love song. Does anyone know what "Leijon" (sp?) is?
8. Goo Goo Dolls - Ain't That Unusual: I'm not really a GGD fan, but for some reason, I love this song. Mid-tempo, kind of nice.
9. Muffs - Funny Face: Pretty good, but I usually skip it. It's a little bit slower.
10. Tilt - White Homes: Great song, faster and more punkish.
11. Pansy Division - Deep Water: Decent acoustic song.
12. Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong: The soundtrack's big curveball. It's a slower song backed by a marching band. But it's really good.By the way, the song they left out (the one where Angus dances with Melissa) was "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Starr. Dunno why they left it off.But anyway, if you're a '90s lover like me, then buy the movie, and the soundtrack, and enjoy."
You buy a CD for one song...
Casey H Bailey | New York City | 03/04/2000
(5 out of 5 stars)
"...and you see where it gets you. This CD is incredible. I bought it for the opening song in the film ('Am I Wrong' by Love Spit Love), but have enjoyed it for all the other tracks.From what I understand, the song referenced above was not written with the marching band in it. That was added for the film. Incredible. It's my favorite movie opening."