Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Postcards From Home
Genres: Alternative Rock, Pop, Rock
2002 reissue of the ex-Haircut 100 frontman's 1986 sophomore album includes six bonus tracks, 'Love All Day (And Night)' (12 Inch Version), 'Warning Sign' (12 Inch Version), 'Over The Weekend (And Into The Cornfield Par... more »
Listen to Samples
2002 reissue of the ex-Haircut 100 frontman's 1986 sophomore album includes six bonus tracks, 'Love All Day (And Night)' (12 Inch Version), 'Warning Sign' (12 Inch Version), 'Over The Weekend (And Into The Cornfield Part Two)', 'Goodbye Yesterday' (12 Inch Version), 'Fantastic Day' (Live) & 'Take That Situation' (Live).
It's back and better than ever!
Big Tex | the Texas Piney Woods | 04/06/2004
(3 out of 5 stars)
"This release was out of print for a long time - I had it on vinyl and the original CD version was going for over $50 on eBay. Now it's back and sporting 6 bonus tracks.Let me be upfront and honest: Heyward's "North of a Miracle" is not only my favorite Heyward release, it is one of my all-time top ten CD's. "Postcards from Home" is the follow-up release to this classic and, unfortunately, it doesn't quite measure up. That said, there are some excellent songs here among some filler.1. Move It Up - A nice upbeat album opener.
2. Over the Weekend - Throwback to Nick's Haircut 100 sound.
3. Goodbye Yesterday - A catchy tune, but unlike any of his previous singles.
4. Again in My Heart - filler
5. We've All Been Kissed - filler
6. Pray for a Miracle - Nick tries to go Motown with limited success
7. Now You've Gone - filler
8. Come On Baby Run - Nick tries to go tropical with limited results
9. Teach Till You Reach - Nice tune with a catchy hook. Just ignore the lyrics.
10. Cry Just a Little Bit - Nick tries to go slow reggae and creates something orginal and worthwhile.The bonus tracks are mostly 12" versions of the above tunes. The final two are great live versions of "Fantastic Day" and "Take That Situation". These two cuts almost make the CD worth its price.This a good CD, just not a great CD. Kudos to BMG for reissuing this CD with the bonus tracks. If you are new to Nick Heyward, please check out "North of a Miracle." If you already enjoy Nick and Haircut 100, then you'll enjoy this pop CD."
Great Pop Album
Dorrie Wheeler | 03/28/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"If you enjoyed Nick Heyward's first solo album and his stuff with Haircut 100 chances are you will enjoy this album. "Goodbye Yesterday" is a good song and the live versions of "Take That Situation" and "Fantastic Day" are equally enjoyable. I also like "Now That You've Gone" and "Warning Sign." It's a decent album and if you haven't had a chance to check it out pick it up.