Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Live At Leeds
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Pop
Originally Release '94 , Live album from the studio wiz duo of Fred Hood ( former drummer of the Pretenders ) & Grant Showbiz ( producer of Smiths & Billy Bragg ) , features the hit "Spiritual High (State of Independence)... more »
Originally Release '94 , Live album from the studio wiz duo of Fred Hood ( former drummer of the Pretenders ) & Grant Showbiz ( producer of Smiths & Billy Bragg ) , features the hit "Spiritual High (State of Independence) and samples from Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.
martưn alexandro | Barcelona, Spain | 12/11/2000
(5 out of 5 stars)
"When I first heard Moodswings I wondered how would they sounded "live", but I then dismissed it since "live" is something that not often occurs with electronic artist. When I first saw Live at Leeds I guessed it was something promotional, having nothing to do with Moodswings, but, when I listen to it, especially to Spiritual High, I started to believe that, if something electronic was going to be live, I defenitelly has to be Moodswings. I cannot express into words the feeling of listening to this beatuful song by Jon Anderson and Vangelis played so wonderful by Moodswings. If you like the band, buy it, it will re-affirm all you feel about them, and if you do not listened to them yet, this CD could be a good start, don't you think? [It's wonderful, specially when listening into the car in a long route to the south a rainy day]"
Live sounds good
MiaSara | Finland | 01/17/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is my first CD by Moodswings, and I had really high hopes for this one, even though I bought this without knowing what song would be on this CD, or without knowing anything for the matter.
1. Tabla Motown (4.57): Starts off slow. This one has some really nice drums, it makes you want to dance. 4/5
2. Crunch (4.00): Up-tempo, with parts of "State of Indepence". 3/5
3. Back to Basics (3.11): Up-tempo as well. Nothing in particular. 3/5
4. Hozanna (6.09): Starts off slow with a man speaking, then the music picks up. Quite a pretty song. Nice touch with the choir. 4/5
5. Live Longer! (Spiritual High) (9.31): My favourite. It has that great theme we all know, really moody! Also contains "I have dream" by Luther King 5/5
6. Brutal (8.37): Another favourite of mine. Sounds like a soccer anthem. Has a great beat. 5/5
It's a shame this doesn't have "State of Independence", because that's the song which got me into learning more about Moodswings. This CD also has only 6 track, so I wish it were longer. I normally hate Live CDs, because of all the cheering and clapping in the back ground, however this CD has very little of the audience present. Highly recommended!