Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Pop
Australian version of the material girl's 1989 hit single. Tracks, 'Like A Prayer' (12' Dance Mix, 12' Extended Remix, Churchapella, 12' Club Version, '7' Remix/Edit), 'Express Yourself' (Non-Stop Express Mix, Stop & Go Du... more »
Australian version of the material girl's 1989 hit single. Tracks, 'Like A Prayer' (12' Dance Mix, 12' Extended Remix, Churchapella, 12' Club Version, '7' Remix/Edit), 'Express Yourself' (Non-Stop Express Mix, Stop & Go Dubs and Local Mix).Standard jewel case.
Express Your Prayer
MaverickDGA | Oakwood, GA | 10/30/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is cd is fine cd, for the avid collector, die hard Madonna Fan (Like Myself) and just a lover of 80's music. You get 5 mixes of "Like A Prayer" and three of "Express Yourself". You will also find here the local mix of "Express Yourself", which was included on the orginal Vinyl, but not the remastered cd.
1. Like A Prayer (12"Dance Mix): This is a great version of Like A Prayer and is the version, the one that appeared on The Immaculate Collection was based on.
2. Like A Prayer: (12" Extended Mix): This mix is wonderful, because it is based on the orginal album version. The only thing I do not like about it is, that the first verse is left out, that is the best verse in the whole song.
3. Like A Prayer (ChurchApella): Okay this is not a true apella. It has softer vocals than the orginal, with little music. It is a very gorgeous version and wonderful for the lover of tame songs.
4. Like A Prayer (12" Club Version): This version is my fav version of Like A Prayer, it is based on the orginal and includes the first verse.
5. Like A Prayer (7" Remix/Edit): This is just an edit of the 12" Club Version.
6. Express Yourself (Non-Stop Express Mix): This is the version of Express Yourself, that would fondate the one that would make it to the Immnaculate collection. This version is very well done and turned out to be more popular than the Album.
7. Express Yourself (Stop and GO Dubs): Notice that Dub is plural here, that's because there are two dubs here. At about 6 minutes the first dub ends and there is about a 2second pause and new one begins. How Awesome!
8. Express Yourself (Local Mix): This version is a mix, that is based on the Abum version. I like it a lot, beause it is based on the orginal Album.
This cd is by far a Madonna must have, so you son't have this cd, then click "Add to cart" and BUY IT!"
Awesome collection of remixes
Deep83 | Ca United States | 11/01/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This maxi ep contains 8 remixes of 2 of the best songs from the Like A Prayer album-"Like A Prayer" and "Express Yourself". The remixes are as follows:1. "Like A Prayer" 12" Dance Mix: This one was the one used for the Blond Ambition tour, and is also the one that the remix on the Immaculate Collection was based on. This is definitely the most danceable LAP remix on the disc. 5/5
2. "Like A Prayer" 12" Extended Remix: This one elaborates more on the album version. It's more rock-ish than the dance mix. The only thing I don't like about this one is that the entire first verse is missing ("Lif is a mystery...". Instead, it starts off with "I hear your voice...". Amyway, this mix is good, but not as good as the first. 4/5
3. "Like A Prayer" Churchapella: The most tame mix on the disc. It's basically the vocals and harmonizing vocals over 'twinkling' sounds and light beats. Later on in the song, the beats get slightly harder. It's basically a very stripped down version of the song. 4/5
4. "Like A Prayer" 12" Club Version: I like this mix a lot. It's probably my favorite "Like A Prayer" mix after the Immaculate Collection version. When you read the word "club", you think this is going to be a massive dance anthem. But actually, the 12" Dance Mix is more "club" than this one. This one basically has harder beats and a different bass line at times, but also stays true to the album version's rock sound during most of the song. 5/5
5. "Like A Payer" 7" Remix/Edit: This is a shorter version of the last mix mentioned, but only by about a minute or so.
6. "Express Yourself" Non-Stop Express Mix: The original long version for what became the Immaculate Collection mix. This is the infamous house mix that became more of a hit than the album version. Great mix overall 5/5
7. "Express Yourself" Stop and Go Dubs: Based on the last mix, this is 2 dubs together as one track. The first dub ends on 6:25, and the other one begins immediately thereafter. That's why it's called 'stop and go' dubs! :) Anyway, they both have the same sound and echo-y vocal bits. 4/5
8. "Express Yourself" Local Mix: My favorite mix on the whole disc! This is the extended version of the album version and I think it's just wonderful. I love the beginning (which is the intro used in the video). Awesome mix 5/5
Overall, this is a must-have for all Madonna fans. If you only get one of her 80's singles, this is it.Express Yourself!"
An expert collection of mixes of two stellar singles
hou_music | Houston, TX | 12/19/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"While at first glance this collection seems only good for the avid Madonna collector, I can actually make a really good argument why every music fan should add this CD to their collection.
First off, "Like A Prayer" and "Express Yourself" are easily two of Madonna's best-ever singles. Many fans rank "Like A Prayer" as the best song she ever put out, and "Express Yourself" is way up there too.
Second of all, with Madonna, the club mixes are where its at and essential to appreciating her work. For someone that is new to Madonna's work, the "Remixed Prayers" EP would make a nice "companion piece" to say the "Immaculate Collection" or "Like A Prayer" full-on CDs.
This CD contains ALL the mixes of "Like A Prayer" and "Express Yourself" that matter:
Track 1 - Like A Prayer 12" Dance Mix
This was Shep Pettibone's original 12" house mix of "Like A Prayer" which got mega-club play (and some radio airplay) back in 1989. You'll notice that "elements" of it got incorporated into the mix of LAP that is included on the Immaculate Collection CD.
Track 2 - Like A Prayer 12" Extended Remix
Wow, what an amazing find! This is actually the original studio version of "Like A Prayer" Madonna did with producer Patrick Leonard. Only it is 6-7 minutes long. With an amazing intro. But the best part about this song is the ending. Instead of the early fade out like on the "Like A Prayer" album, the mix fades out into the choir doing acapella. Absolutely fantastic!
Track 3 - Like A Prayer Churchapella
Just the choir backed by a few synths.
Track 4/Track 5 12"/7" Club Version/Remix Edit
These two mixes are alternate club mixes of "Like A Prayer". They have a dramatic "oh my God..." introduction, and added percussion during the opening verses of the song to make them far more club-ready.
Track 6 - Express Yourself Non-Stop Express Mix
This is the full-length 7 or so minute long club mix of "Express Yourself" (far different from the original album version), that eventually became the definitive version of the song for radio airplay and in Madonna's live performances. A shortened version of this made it onto the Immaculate Collection. One of the best club mixes of any Madonna single.
Track 8 - Express Yourself Local Mix
This is a club mix similar to the album version of Express Yourself, only more "stripped down".
By the way, the cover artwork on this CD single was done by Madonna's brother, Christopher Ciccone.
Even if you're new to Madonna's work, you will find this CD to be a nice companion piece to some of her full-on CDs, with its stellar club mixes. If you're a collector, this CD should be at the top of your set of CD singles."