Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Pop, Rock
'Standing Tall' is the debut solo album from former Hear'say vocalist Kym Marsh. Pure mainstream pop with simple lyrics & catchy tunes. Much in the same vein as her other pop contemporaries Natalie Imbruglia, Emma Bunto... more »
'Standing Tall' is the debut solo album from former Hear'say vocalist Kym Marsh. Pure mainstream pop with simple lyrics & catchy tunes. Much in the same vein as her other pop contemporaries Natalie Imbruglia, Emma Bunton & Appleton. This UK special edition CD includes her top five solo single 'Cry' as well as the single 'Come On Over', along with 13 other tracks. Universal. 2003.
Standing Tall is the best of all
Liam Smith | Dumfries, Scotland | 01/31/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Kym Marsh's debut CD is great!!! Despite rumors of her just being dropped by record label after poor 3rd single sales, this album is one of my faves. This album charted at no.9 in the UKCry - 10/10
- First single. This is a great mid-tempo track is considered the greatest track on the album. The chorus is really catchy as violin strings give it a great effect. UK Charted no.2
Come on over - 9/10
- Uptempo no. and the 2nd single The acoustic is really catchy on this track but the lack of beat linking the chorus and verses slow the song down for a little bit. Charted UK no.10
Sentimental - FAVE
- 3rd single and my fave track on the album. This is really different from the two singles beforehand, it is more rocky. It starts off simple acoustic but then the rock sound kicks in at the bridge. UK Charted no.35
I think it's gonna rain today - 9/10
- This is a really husky song. Kym does little singing and is more talking. Is similar to the Kelly Clarkson track 'Beautiful Disaster'
After Goodbye - 9/10
- First ballad. This song is really epic and the guitar is brill! Kym's vocals are really strong and the song is strong throughout
Girl I used to be - 9/10
- This is a carbon copy of Cry. The acoustic is basically the same and the vocal beat is basically the same. Doesn't make it rubbish though, is very catchy
Standing Tall - 10/10
- This opens with an electric guitar and sets the pace for the rest of the album. This is really unique from the rest of the album as it's something that a rock/pop artist would do
Cross every river - 7/10
- If country music is your thing then this song is for you. In my opinion is bland but the song does have potential to be an amazing song
Glow - 8/10
- This is a Eurovision style song, good to start off with but I amen't keen on the chorus
Live Forever - 7/10
- On the same basis as Cross every river, if you like country pop then you'll like this
Shine on me - 10/10
- This is like an acoustic and slowe sounding version of Sentimental.
Because of you - 7/10
- This is just a simple acoustic song which makes it boring. Kym wrote this song about her kids, so her heart is in the right place
Here comes heaven - This is kinda country. This song is a grower, but you can tire of it too.
Tempted - 10/10
- One of my faves. Similar to another song but I can't put my finger on it. This is really catchy and the whole song has you hooked
Don't break me heart - 8/10
- A sickly ballad, but still good. Really impressive vocalsAll in all Kym's sound is acoustic pop with a hint of rock and country. Fans of Natalie Imbruglia, Dido and The Corrs will love Kym"