Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Monty Norman, Lionel Bart, John  Barry|
James Bond: The Gold Edition
Genres: World Music, Special Interest, Pop, Soundtracks
Few film series have captured the world`s imagination as much as the James Bond adventures with their exotic locations and explosive situations. The various composers responsible for the film series` music dexterously plac... more »
Listen to Samples
Few film series have captured the world`s imagination as much as the James Bond adventures with their exotic locations and explosive situations. The various composers responsible for the film series` music dexterously place the listener in the middle of the action. The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra takes James Bond fans around the world and back again with this special two-CD collection. The set features 30 tracks spanning the 22 Bond films, and an exclusive essay booklet entitled JAMES BOND: A MUSICAL HISTORY, written by acclaimed Bond historians Geoff Leonard and Pete Walker.
Careful - not original artists
M. Karls | North Grafton, MA USA | 12/31/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Have to admit that I did not pay attention enough to details and bought the CD because I thought it was a complete collection of all the bond songs. While the City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra surely performs very well, buyers should know that the CD contains only instrumental versions of the songs, no vocals. These are not the original versions of the songs. My rating basically mirrors that experience. I just wanted to help that other buyers do not make the mistake I did."
"Gold Collection 45 Years ... James Bond 007 ... Silva Scree
J. Lovins | Missouri-USA | 11/30/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Silva Screen Records presents "JAMES BOND: THE GOLD COLLECTION 45 YEARS" --- Who isn't a JAMES BOND fan, or at least enjoys the film score --- What makes a Bond film so entertaining, besides the incredible stunts and gadgets, is the MUSIC! --- And who better than any other composer to write the music, none other than John Barry and of course the first composer Monty Norman --- Barry took the Bond themes to greater heights than any composer to date --- On the current films, Mr. Barry's music has inspired today's composers to much, that it's difficult not to think of Barry when you hear or watch a Bond film --- The City of Prague Philharmonic always performs Barry's music better than any other composer or orchestra, perhaps the reason could be Nic Raine at the helm --- Guitarist Vic Flick (great name) is on hand to repeat his work in "THE JAMES BOND THEME", from "DR. NO", Vic with an excellent, up to date and well paced recording. "FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE" is John Barry's first full effort in giving us that suave and action sequence style we've come to expect and appreciate.
This compilation flows flawlessly from track to track, from one suite to another, with the ease of Bond himself. I enjoyed this album immensely, especially the action sequences with the bigger sound of the orchestra, creating and adding excitement to the moment --- Certainly a must have for any film score collector or "JAMES BOND" enthusiast!
Disc One (1)
* Dr. No - The James Bond Theme
* From Russia With Love - From Russia With Love
* From Russia With Love - 007 Takes The Lektor
* Goldfinger - Goldfinger
* Thunderball - Thunderball
* You Only Live Twice - You Only Live Twice
* You Only Live Twice - Capsule In Space
* On Her Majesty's Secret Service: We Have All The Time In The World
* On Her Majesty's Secret Service: Escape From Piz Gloria/The Ski Chase
* Diamonds Are Forever - Diamonds Are Forever
* Live And Let Die - Live And Let Die (edit)
* The Man With The Golden Gun - Slow Boat From China/Nick Nack/ The Man With The Golden Gun
* The Spy Who Loved Me - Nobody Does It Better
* Moonraker - Moonraker (edit)
* Moonraker - Arrival At Chateau Drax/Freefall
Disc Two (2)
* For Your Eyes Only - For Your Eyes Only
* Octopussy - All Time High
* Never Say Never Again - Never Say Never Again
* A View To A Kill - Wine With Stacey/Fanfare/Snow Job
* The Living Daylights - The Living Daylights End Title
* Licence To Kill - Licence To Kill
* Goldeneye - Goldeneye
* Goldeneye - Tank Drive Around St. Petersburg
* Tomorrow Never Dies - Tomorrow Never Dies
* Tomorrow Never Dies- Surrender
* The World Is Not Enough - Ice Bandits
* The World Is Not Enough - The World Is Not Enough
* Die Another Day - Die Another Day
* Die Another Day - Going Down Together
* Casino Royale - You Know My Name
This Silva Screen compilation is the complete collection to the label's previous collections of the most famous Secret Agent themes to grace the big screen. "The Name Is Bond, James Bond"! Our larger-than-life hero has appeared in many forms over the years - Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig - all capable actors with an aire of the ultimate confidence in saving the world --- To assist our hero in this assignment are various composers, including David Arnold, John Barry, Bill Conti, Marvin Hamlisch, Michael Kamen, Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, George Martin, Monty Norman and Eric Serra, all of whom have attained immortality and classic status in film scoring.
Hats off and thanks to Silva Screen Records --- The City of Prague Orchestra conducted by Nic Raine -- All tracks produced by James Fitzpatrick -- Executive Producer Reynold D'Silva -- Release Co-ordination David Stoner & Peter Compton -- Artwork and Design Damien Doherty -- CD Mastering Rick Clark -- order your copy now from Amazon or Silva where there are plenty of copies available on compact disc, stay tuned once again for top notch releases --- Silva Screen Records are experts in releasing long forgotten films and treasures to the collector -- looking forward to more Nostalgic Compilations.
Total Time: 2 CD Box Set ~ Silva America 1273 ~ (10/14/2008)"