Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Maurice Joshua, Marshall Jefferson, Farley Jackmaster Funk|
House Hallucinates: Pump Up the World
Genres: Dance & Electronic, Special Interest, Pop, R&B
Introducing from Chicago - - - Acid House!
Reginald Davenport | Springville, UT, USA | 10/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This CD features music from one of the heavyweight Chicago labels of the 1980s, TRAX Records. In 1988 Hot Mix 5, DJ International and TRAX were the labels that were the most sought after, especially once the records were played on radio. Eventually the major labels started to take notice of what was coming out of Chicago and started to release compilations. A&M picked up on the Acid House vibe and release a compilation with solely TRAX artists: House Hallucinates! In order to take away the mystery I will give a short track listing: 1. Sleazy D - "I've Lost Control"
2. Phuture - "Acid Tracks"
3. Jungle Wonz - "Time Marches On"
4. William S. - "I'll Never Let You Go" *a personal favorite*
5. Jackmaster Funk - "Jack The Bass" *another favorite*
6. Maurice Joshua - "This Is Acid"
7. Lidell Townsell - "As Acid Turns"
8. Jack Frost - "Clap Me"
9. Mr. Lee - "Pump Up Chicago" *there is also Pump Up New York/London, depending on which version of the album you get*
10. Phuture - "Phuture Will Survive" Now that the mystery is over I can give you the summary. This album will get you hooked! Most of the tracks are simple but very easy to dance to, and that's what makes the album work so well. Besides, House Music was created for the clubs, so when you get this don't forget to turn the volume up!"
Only one song saves this CD
Kenco | Bothell, WA | 09/22/2005
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I'm a big fan of all house music, including acid. There's lots of great house tracks out there, but not on this CD. In my opinion, there's only one track on here that makes it worth getting: This is Acid by Maurice. If you can't find this track on any other CD, then and only then would I recommend buying this CD. Otherwise, save your money."