Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
John D. from FARMERS BRNCH, TX
Reviewed on 7/29/2006...
only has one decent track
0 of 3 member(s) found this review helpful.
This album is like Eldorado
Prog Rock Master | 09/07/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This album, ELO's second, is a concept album of the dream world, Eldorado. It's amazing. It contains two of the most amazing slower songs of all time, as well as great upbeat songs. It's well-rounded, and, on one's third or fourth listen, one will realize that there is more to the album than meets the eye.
1) Eldorado Overture: Great beginning to the album. The strings used are perfect, as well as the poem in the beginning. Marvelous song.
2) Can't Get it out of my Head: After three or four listens to this song, you will not be able to get it out of your head. One of the more remarkable songs ever.
3) Boy Blue: Classic song. Something new is discovered on every listen. Plucking on the violin is used perfectly.
4) Laredo Tornado: Another fantastic song. Somewhat slow, and just great guitar riffs.
5) Poor Boy (The Greenwood): Possibly the most overlooked song on the album. However, it's another great ELO song. Fits perfectly on the album.
6) Mister Kingdom: A most fantastic song. The first time I listened, I remember thinking, "Whoa, this song is pretty good!", as I had skipped over it for the longest time. Great ELO.
7) Nobody's Child: This song shows the diversity of ELO. They have such a wide range of songs that they are capable of performing.
8) Illusions in G Major: Another example of ELO's diversity. Such a different personality, but works perfectly. Fantastic.
9) Eldorado: My favorite song on the album. Possibly rhe most amazing song. Ever. On the fourth listen, this kicks in.
10) Eldorado Finale: Just like the Overture, but different in many ways. Great conclusion.
If you own later ELO albums, like A New World Record and Out of the Blue, it's worth going back and buying this. It shows part of ELO's evolution, but it's also a great collection of music."
ELO at their peak
Joseph M. Davis | Easton, MD, USA | 06/16/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Electric Light Orchestra peaked with this album. This is the pre-sellout Electric Light Orchestra, before they started going by their initials, ELO. I love the songs and I love the lyrics, but most of all, I love the emotion and the feel of the whole album. Sit back in an easy chair with a glass of wine, or a doobie, and be transported to Eldorado by this timeless classic concept album.