Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Pop, Rock, Classic Rock, Metal
"Filled with angry rock and roll hooks and the occasional power ballad, the Texas group DANGEROUS TOYS recorded Pissed just as Grunge was taking hold in the states, leaving this album sorely over-looked. This album has all... more »
Listen to Samples
"Filled with angry rock and roll hooks and the occasional power ballad, the Texas group DANGEROUS TOYS recorded Pissed just as Grunge was taking hold in the states, leaving this album sorely over-looked. This album has all the hooks needed to push the band over the top - unfortunately five years too late! Standout tracks include "Pissed", "Promise The Moon" and "Screaming For More".
Similarly Requested CDs
eksosrock | Norway | 03/15/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"When Dangerous Toys returned 3 years after Hellacious Acres, they were hungry to prove a few points.
This is a basic rock'n roll album with brilliant songs and no BS. The songs are very strong here. No danger of fillers.
1. Pissed - The title track is a very good hard rock song great riff, lyrics and chorus. A winner.
2. Paintrain - Slighly groovier. I love this song. Maybe me favourite.
3. The Law Is Mine - Very catchy, a bit poppy but very cool indeed.
4. Promise The Moon - DT always had good slow songs. This ballad is no exception. No typical soppy hair band ballad here.
5. Strange - A very cool track. Intense and crazy. Strange.
6. Loser - My kind of song. Rock 'n Roll with a great hook. Cool lyrics too.
7. Hard Luck Champion - Another winner.
8. Screamin' For More - This is the best one. Everything about this song is quality. Laid back rocker.
9. Oh Well So What - DT being a bit punkish, great lyrics.
10. Illustrated Man - This is another amazing song. The songwriting is great.Another winner from Dangerous Toys."
Not their best but far from bad.
M. Milburn | Columbia, MD USA | 07/05/2000
(3 out of 5 stars)
"If you like their first 2 cds, then you like this one too. Its not as hard and diverse as the s/t cd but is definitely worth a shot. Its great to see that DT was able survive during the grunge era and produce great albums. This cd was recently digitally remastered. Make sure to get this copy!"
This is a great, sadly overlooked album
M. Milburn | 04/03/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I haven't heard the re-master of this album, but the original release had some great sounding guitars and bass. And it's as good as the first Dangerous Toys disc, in my opinion....80's style rock was still surviving in 1994. Do you remember?"