Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
Please Come Home for
Genres: Blues, Special Interest, Pop, R&B, Classical
1. Please Come Home for Christmas - Charles Brown, Brown, Charles  Listen — 2. Christmas in Heaven - Charles Brown, Brown, Charles  Listen — 3. Christmas Blues - Charles Brown, Williams, Joe [Voca Listen — 4. I'll Be Ho... more »
1. Please Come Home for Christmas - Charles Brown, Brown, Charles  Listen
2. Christmas in Heaven - Charles Brown, Brown, Charles  Listen
3. Christmas Blues - Charles Brown, Williams, Joe [Voca Listen
4. I'll Be Home for Christmas - Charles Brown, Gannon, Kim Listen
5. It's Christmas Time - Charles Brown, Harney Listen
6. Wrap Yourself in a Christmas Package - Charles Brown, Listen
7. Blue Christmas - Charles Brown, Hayes, Bill [Compos Listen
8. Christmas Questions - Charles Brown, Listen
9. Merry Christmas, Baby - Charles Brown, Baxter, Lou Listen
10. Bringing in a Brand New Year - Charles Brown, Ward, Billy  Listen
11. The Christmas Song - Charles Brown, Torme, Mel Listen
12. Christmas Comes But Once a Year - Charles Brown, Brown, Charles  Listen
13. It's Christmas All Year Round - Charles Brown, Listen
14. Christmas With No One to Love - Charles Brown, Listen
15. Winter Wonderland - Charles Brown, Bernard, Felix Listen
16. Let's Make Every Day a Christmas Day - Charles Brown, Traditional Listen
Similarly Requested CDs
The Classic Album, But Not Original Line-up and Art
Bill Anthony | North Texas United States | 11/10/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"It's nice to see 10 other 5-star reviews, as this is a classic and under-appreciated Christmas album from a blues giant. Charles was in a slump and largely forgotten by the record-buying public when he recorded this in 1960-61. The original hit version of PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS is here (Charles wrote it with Gene Redd), and you can't really find it anywhere but on this King release and other King releases "Charles Brown Sings Christmas Songs" and "The Very Best Of - Original King Recordings". (There are re-makes on several CD's including Rhino's Christmas Classics - shame on them).
I recommend the King CD "Charles Brown Sings Christmas Songs", because it features the original 12 song album (see note below), without the Bill Doggett instrumentals, and it also features the original album art. However, it is much harder to find.
Collectors note: the original 1961 LP featured a song called "My Most Miserable Christmas". The LP was available in mono and stereo. It was later reissued with a 1968 re-recording of "Merry Christmas Baby" replacing the "Miserable" track. The CD versions feature "Merry Christmas Baby" - "My Most Miserable Christmas" has never been on CD."
Charles Brown was the best blues singer that has ever lived.
Kay C. Wharton | Bowling Green, Kentucky | 04/20/1999
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I was very saddened by the death of Charles Brown. His voice was like music from heaven. Every christmas I play his record (Please come home for christmas), and think of all the memories associated with this song. His singing was wonderful. I will truly miss his compeling voice. Christmas and eggnog will not be the same, but at least I do have some of his records, and these records will be more cherished."
A Breath of Fresh Air!
Megan Romer | Ithaca, NY | 12/02/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"After spending entirely too many years giving in to my Mother's desire to listen to Judy Collins' insipid Christmas album, I brought home this album for her. The songs are beautiful, bluesy and delicate in classic Charles Brown style, and it just makes for such a nice change from all the old standards. This album is truly wonderful and every Christmas library should have it."