Subject: I have found a CD that I think you would enjoy
|Aly & Aj|
Into the Rush
The energy and spirit the sisters Aly & AJ's bring to their music colors the entire album Into The Rush. Aly and AJ worked with a variety of producers on Into The Rush including some of the music industry's biggest. "We've... more »
Listen to Samples
The energy and spirit the sisters Aly & AJ's bring to their music colors the entire album Into The Rush. Aly and AJ worked with a variety of producers on Into The Rush including some of the music industry's biggest. "We've learned a lot from all of them," says Aly of the producers. "Some things we like...some things we don't like. It's all a part of the process. It's important that we have our own voice and that our emotions are a part of all of our music. This is why we're working with different producers, so that we can experience different ideas." Their first single may have been the classic cover "Do You Believe In Magic," but the sisters have written all of the songs on this. And though they may be young teens, when it comes to writing songs, they aim high. "We want our songs to be fun, but we also want to write about deeper issues that make people think and issues that we can all relate to in one way or another," says AJ. Aly and AJ's song "I Am One of Them" tackles the tough subject of child kidnappings. They want to bring awareness by encouraging kids to look out for one another and use precautions and safety measures to empower them. AJ contributed a track called "Protecting Me," a song featured in a "Phil of the Future" episode, which addresses the vulnerable nature of being a kid today. Says Aly: "We want to let kids know they have the power to protect themselves and one another." Aly and AJ have also written songs that address the issues of relationships, heartaches, staying true to yourself and celebrating your own uniqueness.
Similarly Requested CDs
Member CD Reviews
Karla C. (KarlaC) from FRANKLIN, OH
Reviewed on 1/6/2007...
This is a beautiful CD! You'll love the sweet and powerful harmony these talented sisters have. Something that makes them different than your typical Disney star is that they write and perform their own music. They also have included upbeat remakes of "Do you believe in magic?" and "Walking on sunshine."
Beth B. (snowgems) from ECKERMAN, MI
Reviewed on 7/11/2006...
My 14 yr. old daughter loves these Disney Channel stars.
Aly & AJ-Into The Rush
music hanyou | 08/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Aly & AJ have great songs. Not all of them are about love, they are about things teenagers go through and can relate to.
1. Rush-3:11: This is the track that kicks things off. The semi-title track has soft verses with a loud chorus, and great lyrics. This was on the Disney Girlz Rock Cd.
2. No One-2:57: This was featured on the soundtrack for the movie "Ice Princess". It's a great slow song that talks about how you should be yourself and never let anybody take you down.
3. Collapsed-2:57: This is a really upbeat track that Aly wrote by herself.The little techno sounds are cool and you will find yourself singing to it in no time. The lyrics talk about a relationship where she is talking about how she dumped someone and now she realizes he was "the one".
4. Something More-3:40: Alot of teenagers probably have been through this situation: You like your friend and want to be "something more". A great beat goes along with the words and you will probably have the chorus stuck in your head. In the booklet, right before the lyrics to this song, it says "For J.S.-Love A.J."
5. On The Ride-3:31: This song has great lyrics. They are talking to each other saying how they will always be by each others side. Above The lyrics, it says "Having a great sister makes life even better."
6. Speak For Myself-3:10: Great beat, with great lyrics. Alot of people can relate to the lyrics, which talk about being seen and not heard. The chorus is like a power anthem and it gets stuck in your head. Above the lyrics in the booklet it says "Children are to be seen and heard".
7. Out Of The Blue-2:58: Another song teen's can relate to. It talks about how you are in a relationship and people keep telling you that you shouldn't be together. It opens with a great acoustic beat and builds to an upbeat chorus. I like how they change the lyrics in the last chorus. One of my favorites on the album.
8. In A Second-3:35: The slowest song on the album, but still good. The way they sing the chorus will have you singing along. The song talks about liking someone and you don't know if they like you. Their answer would change your life "in a second".
9. I Am One Of Them-3:25: GREAT MEANING!! The lyrics talk about child kidnappings. The beat is not slow, yet not fast and the lyrics are very dramatic and make you think about the subject. This is one of my favorites. Above the lyrics in the booklet, it says "Go to www.missingkids.com to learn more about staying safe."
10. Sticks and Stones-3:47: Alot of people can relate to this song. I can. It's subject: bullies. The pre-chorus will get stuck in your head: "Why don't they understand/That we are all the same/and we all get lost sometimes..." and i like how they change the pre-chorus in the second verse "Why don't you understand/That we are all the same/and we all feel lost sometimes." Very good beat and words. "Sticks and Stones won't break my soul/Get out of the way I'm invincable/Throw them down cause the one you hurt's not around/not around/It's not your place/Honestly." Above the lyrics in the booklet, it says "A Bully tries to tower, but really has no power."
11. Protecting Me-2:58: Aly sang this in an episode of "Phil Of The Future" and this version is a whole lot better.It's upbeat tune will have you singing along. Like in "Out of The Blue" I like how they change the last chorus. Above the lyrics in the booklet, it says "To our amazing parents..." though the lyrics sound more like a love song.
12. Slow Down-3:54: At first i thought it was going to be a ballad, but it turned out being one of my many favorites on this album. The pre-chorus will have you moving around, singing and the chorus will too. I like how, right before the final chorus, when it sounds like their voices skip when they sing "Slow Down".
13. Do You Believe In Magic-2:14: This song is from the Disney Channel Original Movie "Now You See It..." which Aly starred in. It's a great cover and very catchy. Above the lyrics, it says "For Bob Cavallo...The man whose creative past helped frame our future."
14. Walking On Sunshine-3:53: This song was on the soundtrack for the Lindsay Lohan movie "Herbie: Fully Loaded". I never bought the soundtrack and i was glad when i saw this was going to be on their album. Originally, the tracklist had 13 songs, this song was excluded, but they changed it last minute. It's a great cover and i like the guitar in the end that kind of skips as it fades.
If you don't buy this cd, you are passing up on a great cd. The lyrics really have a meaning. The sisters wrote every song on here (except for the last two). I really hope they come out with another CD."
Beyond Awesome Michalka!
Laurencia7 | United States | 03/28/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"At first I thought they were just a Disney made group but they are much more, no matter your age you can relate to their melody and haunting lyrics. You have to keep reminding yourself they are teens...it is that good.
I am not one for POP princesses and these gals arent, my favorite bands are go from Bangles to Bush. So there is something for everyone. The one thing I would ask these gals is how can they be so deep. Some songs really hit it.
So if you are a doubter dont be, it is worth it...it is so comforting in the age of Britney wannabes that they ARE NOT...they wrote every song but 2! Comforting....rock on ALY and AJ...
Check out www.alyson-michalka.org/ and check out the whole CD in a Flash player...it convinced me.
Rock on!PS: They need better exposer so pass it around, the album has been out since August 2005